Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Orang berbudi kita berbahasa.. kan?

well, if u look at the right side of this blog, im linking another 2 blogs that have put mine as one of the blogs they read, and another one that i have been visiting frequently
well i m honoured actually, to know that there are people who actually linked my blogsite in their blogs. to know tat there r a few kerats who actually read my so so mood -dependable blog... i d say tat its.. ermmm priceless? boley?
---- and to realise tat i m still in the mood of updating my blog, surprisingly.. ( and to share an ugly incidence tat occured yesterday when i went for a usual rheumy follow-up at Hospital X. well nothing cud surprise me anymore.. ( i guess)
--to begin a story, I went out early yesterday morning, to catch a followup appt . reached there at 7.30 and i was the 16th person already. The docs wont be in , not till they have finished their ward round at 10ish. and I was hoping tat by getting there early, i wud finish early la kan? and tat is wat supposed to be happened rite?
So i waited till 10, and surprisingly (again), i was so bz talking to another RA patient tat i forgot the time. The no started blinking around 10ish. and after 1 hr, the docs inside there only managed to see TWO patients only! and the number of patients was increasing till here's not enuff seats for them anymore.
and I have a meeting at 2.30... was hoping that I d be back before 1. But judging from the way they saw the patients, i wonder whether they d be able to see all the patients in one day.
Later on, i have someone to do the not-so dirty work for me. I asked him to ask the nurse whether i can go in later on, even tho i ll have like another 13 patients before me. after compromising wth the nurse, I d be the next one who wud go in, she said.
But then, the patient inside never came out. so i asked him to ask the nurse at the counter again. Few minutes later he told me to stand infront'f d room. well, another 1/2 hr passed and they ( 3 docs) only managed to see 3 patients.
So he bravely knocked the door and asked the person inside. Well at this point, I wasnt able to neither see or hear clearly what he told the doc, but i can feel some heated argument initiated over the conversation. The doctor was inside the room with a large group of his medical students, examining the patient who lie helplessly on the bed!
Owh well, i wont question how the doctor works with his patients, but cant u ( yes, u! the so called doctor who hapepened to claim that he's the best rheumy in town ( which i never tot he is) take a look outside yr room and see how restless yr big crowds of patients are due to a long wait? There'r like 60 patients cramping inside the waiting area, and u still have the time to teach yr students which indeed will spend like aeons to attent every patient? I mean,be realistic la and be considerate as well. U can alwasy change yr teaching sessions with the students at another time, when there's not many patients in the clinic or u can always turn patients to yr guinea pigs when they r in the ward.
and all those people r not fit to be frozen in the clinic.
and I only managed to think out loud at tat time, did not have the gut to give a piece of my mind to the doctor. But he did!
When the doc said tat he's working here, he managed to anser like tis: "I have no doubts tat u r working now and i wont question on how u treat yr patients, but cant u make it short as there's like 60 more patients out there and there u r now, examining yr one patient for the past one hour"
in fact he even put oil to the fire by exclaiming" so how many hrs do u need to see all 50 patients outside? 50 more hours?"
and the doc agreed to see his friend after he finished with his current patient.
well that's supposed to be me then!
and when i entered the room 20 minutes later, there's like 50 pairs of eyes staring at me as i was the tentacled alien from krypton. ..
Not to mention they r staring at my hands rudely.
not to mention my annoyance for these current manners of some medical studnts nowadays.
and i hid my hands under my handbag, serve them rite! i was preparing for some sarky comments tho, luckily not one of them dare to converse wth me. Judging from the furious look of mine, i dun think tbey wud.. hehehe
and when the Doc asked me who tat hamba Allah is,i ansered " he's my friend"
so he went off blabbering tat I shud knock at his door anytime if i want to go in early bcos he has known me and has been seeing me for quite sometime alreday, and there shudnt be any problem bcos I quoted" we re fellow lecturers even tho we re from diff univ"
well I m not tat nasty to cut other ppls line, bcos usually whenever i went for a followup, they managed to see me around 11ish and im back in the office latest by 1, and i always reach the hospital latest by 8 am.
If not due to the staring crowds infron'f him, i wud have given him a worthwhile piece of my mind as well. But I didnt want to ruin his reputation infront'f his respected ( la sangat) students.
I mean being a Medical lecturer is not about u teaching ( or perhaps showing off?) yr best skills to yr students or giving yr best treament to yr patients as well. U shud have empathies towards them too! U shud have put yrself in yr patient's shoes who have been waiting since early in the morning, and is still waiting after 5 hours.
I mean dun any hospital has this piagam khidmat pelanggan of the waiting time for each patient shud not exceed more than an hour? ( i saw one at Pusat kesihatan UPM when i went for the wound dressing) and i think the PK does follow the rules.
Enuff said.
the not so good thing came from it ( or was it bad thing), they r gonna start putting on another new drug starting next week.
and I have to be warded fopr 2 days due to the procedure. its very expensive drug but they ve put me as one of the guinea pig maybe? nahh.. one outta 4 patients who will receive it FOC.
well I do mind the period im gonna spend there. I mean.. I will be xposed to the knowledge/skill hungered students who , definitely will disturb me by asking similar questions repetitively.
I mean if u ve been disrupted by them for more than 20 yrs, who wont, rite?
ok.. I ve decided, i m gonna have laryngitis next week.
Boleh?
opps forgot anthr good thing came from this Rheumy. I was supposed to call the gynae clinic on the 29th asking abth the result of the tissue tat they removed inside me last time.
in fact, they wud call me a day earlier if the result is found to be abnormal.
but he mananged to trace the result yesterday and he said it was totally Endometriosis. nothing malignant ! yeahh!
and i was supposed to pretend tat I havent known abt the result yet and wud still call them on the 29th.
Yes, I m a great peretender.. aint it?
ok.. tats the end of the entry.

1 comment:

Life's Like That said...

Lord - dis is one of the longest entry of u, aye? nice to read, yeah.

how ru doin anyway?