Saturday, September 01, 2012

The remaining Syawal...

Good err morn-noon.. hehehe. Its almost noon.. and I am at home on saturday noon... doing nothing.. No open house.. no "what's for lunch", no babies wailing, no kids fighting.. yeah.. life is so bliss ( once a while) without any kids to attend on.

Lost count of how many syawal days already. I m in the middle of trying to complete my Syawal fasting. I started last wednesday, so if there isn't any hindrances, I d be ending my 'Puasa 6" this coming Monday. yeahhhh!

yesterday was National independence Day. I didn't wait for the sound of firecrackers at 12 midnite tho, as I was quite tired. During a month of fasting month, I did not manage to cook by myself, yet for this Syawal, I did cook after came back from work. That amazed me then.. hahahah

A beloved teacher during MRSM years passed away yesterday. I was notified on the FB walls written by the school alumni. Although I was not as close as the others who did visit her during her illness, I never forget to du'a for her wellbeing every time after each prayer. This is what Allah has for her. Sooner or later, we , will follow suit. AlFatihah...

New students will start filling in every university next week. A week later, the old students will join them. I am praying hard that Allah gives me the best of health to teach them for the coming semester. I ll be extra bz with the starting and finishing school either. Its been a year since i last conducted those schools. Hope, I still have the same courage for those students..

Family wise, my brother's family has safely arrived in Bahrain. Thou we d still be seeing them on hariraya (hopefully), I ll miss the chaos at his house at KD. Morever, he managed to move to other unfinished house at other area, I think I m gonna miss the house the most. as I won't be waking up to the serene sound of water running in the koi pond, whenever I spent overnite at his

And, believe it or not? I gained 2 kgs after 2 days during did festive. LOL. It took me a months to put off 2 kgs during ramadhan, yet, the weighing scale did a rigtflip on the scale once Syawal started...hence, I was not binge-ing myself last week during the training. We did hv to pay for $80, and some of my colleagues said, we have to eat of $80 worth then. Now as my age is crawling slowly towards the big 5-0, I m developing a notion that we only eat for as our stomach would allow to. I realized I had a small stomach nowadays, ad it can only fill a half plate of rice and one tiny dessert.No more appetizers or whatsoever to me. The stomach must be so grateful to her owner currently as the owner has finally come to her senses:)

Lat but not least, Happy Independence Day..

Btw, This is my little nephew, Dariss. he was the centre of attraction during last eid.. everyone was in awed of his cute face.. Cute. rite?

No comments: