Thursday, July 12, 2012

Awaiting Ramadhan

I am having cold right now, as saying it as 'flu' sounds so serious to me. I was boasting to my SIL the other day that I seldom catch cold. The last one i got it was like 3-4 years ago. It was a bad one, i lost my voice for a few days, and I couldn't smell anything for many years due to that LOL! See, I told you, I am very worried once i caught the cold, as some disaster like losing one of your senses might happen.. again Oh, btw the siblings has a bbq gathering last weekend. Yours truly was the one who suddenly came out with the idea. It actually occurred to me that my elder bro and his family, will be coming back for good the week after. So i was suggesting maybe we can hold a potluck and 'makan-makan' at one of the sibling's house. As we cannot make it this weekend since another brother will start working in Bahrain at that time. so we decided to make it last weekend, and seemed like the ones that we should entertain for are still not availed at that time...but then... owh well.. we had a good time thou, the rest of the siblings were in KL last weekend. I have just realized that I have never scrutinized people, i mean for their appearances . We had a meeting with a Kazakhstanis ( not sure whether it is pronounced correctly)yesterday, and my boss who was in the meeting with me yesterday, was narrating it in the dept meeting this morning. She was telling the dept members that she met a brown eyed professor the day before, ... and i could not remember whether his eyes are brown or not. She was asking me, "he do have brown eyes, right? Miss Crooked?".. and I was like... " err.. i know he's like a korean, but i cannot remember the color of his eyes".. How am i supposed to check whether his eyes are brown or not as we were like a few feet away from him..Hmm.. maybe its about time that I should check the power of my reading glasses again ... :) Ramadhan is coming in less than 2 weeks. I am not planning to cook for the iftar. It will be too energy wasting for me. I have decided to ask for food delivery during the months. Found one website, which deliver food to people like me LOL. Anyway, I still have to cook on weekends because the food delivery is only on weekdays. OwH, never mind, I can always survive on bread and crackers on weekend Since the meeting with that Kazkhstan Professor, I was thinking on doing my sabbatical in that country. Just found out that, there is a direct flight from KUL-Astana. Am impressed with the techniques that they used for early cancer detection. I mean, I would never have the gut to check my blood sample and then found out that I do have cancer, even though I haven't had the tiniest symptoms yet. The professor said that it can be detected as early as 36 months before the development of tumor. Waaaa can't even imagine that, yet it will be beneficial for those people with family history of cancer... On lighter note, I am happier now, even thigh I still have to be careful with whatever things that might happen in the future, yet I am not going to make the same mistake once again, If I did, that will be a choice. Cant wait for the Ramadhan. aHope it won't be the last one for me...

No comments: