Sunday, March 03, 2013

Ides of March?

March already... woweeee.. how time flies..
I know this sounds so cliche.. but every now and then I m thanking The Almighty for letting me to live in this world.. to enjoy whatever i m having now ( watching the grace card on HBO early in the morning.. yes I know.. its not good)

Class seems to be not so hectic at the beginning of the semester, but I ll be having more towards the end of it. well, at least i can concentrate in preparing my CV, which is nothing to be boasted about..

One of the post grads has finally submitted her master's thesis, and being pregnant while trying so hard to finish up your dissertation is something that you should be amazed , i mean as her SV.. so she was so overjoyed that she sent me a lengthy message saying how thankful she is for having me as her SV, and thanking me too for having her all these while...

and tears brimming on my cheek while I read her msg..
Dear Erna, I am thankful too for having such a good student as you.. and well i have to admit that i am such a snob sometimes lol

I guess,when it comes to my students.. i would be the happiest if they appreciated what I have given them so far, be it.. dozens of encouraging words or gallons of complaints..

ok, I m being such a sensitive fool again..

Health wise, I have my weekly enbrel jab in my room since last month. There are always someone who would be willing to play nurse everytime I had my injection. So far, I havent missed any yet, and it was quite painful when u need to put into yourself like a 50 mg of the fluid.. yes.. it is painful, and I cant do without the help of my colleagues..

My rheumy followup is next tuesday. hopefully I ll have some good news from the Rheumy, ever since I had this medication..Its been more than a month already

We have decided to take a maid for my parents. We ll get it most probably by today, have to train it for a few days at zuni's and I ll be sending her back to hometown, next week.

I guess, ma would be glad to know tat she has someone whom can help her with the house chores, and the most important thing, assisting her taking care of the kids. When ma called me last nite, telling me that Zura was shocked to know tat I m bringing the maid home.. which quoted from ma' terkejut beruk~translated "monkey shock" lol
i was like.. kind surprised too as I noticed she was on the FB and she'd surely read the status that Abang Li put up last week. I asked ma, didnt she read the post? and ma told me she has to hang up now, in case Zura's coming in.. lol
My mom is so adorable, and now she's acting like a spy telling her 5th daughter about the 6th daughter..
Frankly speaking, I do not have any problem with my sister, but I have been thinking a lot for these past few days, and i personally think that it is so inappropriate of her to let my mom, i mean my 70 years old mom taking care of her 3 kids. and being mom, she wont dare to complain that she's too old for 'grandchild' sitting anymore.

I ended up asking Zuni, the youngest sister to get me a maid. It was so quick, and after a few days she told me the agent called saying that there are 3 indonesian maids coming in the next week. I was about to handle everything on my own, when i remember I still have my other siblings, and being a good sister (rolling eyes), i informed my decision to my brother. and then the brother put up a post in our family group in FB, asking whether everybody would  agree to take a maid for the parents. We had a consensus right after that, but Zura never responded to the post.
so, we thought she might be offended of our decision since she has decided not to take any maid since the last tragic incident. But i still feel, she should not let my mom to take care of the kids.. I mean my mom has been taking care of us the siblings when she was younger, and she should not take any other responsibilities now she's older. When it comes to your kids, please do not burden your mom any more. She had enough already,and now it is the time that we should takecare of our own kids, and not relying on our parents anymore.

Owh well, easier said than done eh. I havent gotten any kids, and its easier to condemn others when u were never been in their shoes.
Well, maybe that's why i am neither married nor having kids. So that, I would not burden my parents with my kids, if i had one.
Ok.. i am ranting now.. lol

I have to start doing the house chores now. Its not tat i have to do it, as this is my house, and nobody will ever bother whether its cleaned or not. but as my mom always say to me, "do it in your own sweet time, Ida"..
and being a prodigal daughter, lol.. nah.. an obdient one I would say.. I will start vacuuming the floor, one I m done with the  movie. Flashdance is on tv now. Such a good movie to go down on the memory lane..

tata peeps.

No comments: