Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The vacation started..

I was so busy for the past few days trying to clear up all the deadline tasks before my leave. At the end, i managed to review a paper for medicinal plant journal, attended a few meetings, had my weekly enbrel injection, lunch at kenny rogers roaster, yet i  was not able to complete reading the student's thesis draft, so i brought the draft all the way to Bahrain....
Yes, I am in Bahrain now, with my beloved parent, spending my 2-weeks leave here at my bro's rented villa ( as it is a huge house). My bro has been working in bahrain since last eid, and I have been wanting to bring my parent to a vacation. so what's more perfect than sending them to their son which they missed so much :)
anyway, we have been here for 3 days already, and everynite my bro or my SIL will bring us to see Manama at nite.  Its not a beautiful city tho as houses here are more like big match boxes without any beautiful decoration. but most of those match box houses are huge and look so luxurious, especially with the huge gate and front door which resembles all those arabic houses. Cant really describe them. will try to sna a few shots on those huge apartments and villas.
SIL has been cooking our hometown food everyday, thus we did not really miss the food in malaysia. have eaten out as well, with lotsa food ladened with nan breads, hummous and everything arabic lol. i think i am now saturated with kebabs.. Lol
The cars and petrol here are very cheappp that a huge mpv will only spend MYR60 for a full tank petrol. how awesome is that... and luxurious cars only cost MYR 60-70 K , whilst in Malaysia, it will triple the price.. so on the road , we see many branded cars which we dont even see em in Malaysia. You name it, porsche, wald, mercedes and bmw are very common here..
The foods can be all delivered at home,, even the groceries... even on the road side restaurants, you dont have to go out,  but you can just order from your car window, and they will immediately deliver it to you.. its not even a drive thru fast food restaurant tho..
Looks like Bahrainis dont like to move around. they prefer others to bring everything on their beck and call.. hahaha..
I am still in awed with all the buildings they built on the lands which are more like causeways. and bahrainis are careless drivers too. for them, there is no such rule while driving, you can see that they can just cut off other cars, by speeding nonchalantly, and parking a car inbetween  parking lots..
owh great, now this post is more like condemning them .. oopsss..
On the other hand, i feel like treasuring my beloved country more..

2 comments:

Life's Like That said...

makcik! nak fridge magnet!! haha

IDA said...

okay pakcik.. nak berapa? 10? hahaha